Murray Storytelling Showcase
Murray City Cultural Arts presents 2019 Murray Storytelling Showcase on April 20, 2018 at Murray City Library.
Participants in the Murray Storytelling Showcase are chosen from our various storytelling residencies at the Murray Library, the Murray Senior Recreation Center, Liberty Elementary after-school and in designated school classrooms.
Finalists from the Murray Storytelling Showcase will be invited to participate in the 4th Annual county event, Story Crossroads, to be held May 15, 2019 in Murray Park and other county facilities. The county festival will have a small fee.
Contact Lori Edmunds at email@example.com or phone 801-264-2620 for questions.
Murray Storytelling Residencies
Murray City Cultural Arts Presents 2019 Storytelling Residencies at three Murray locations!
**This is a great opportunity and fun way for children, teens, and adults to develop story writing and storytelling skills!
Murray Library: Grades 3-12
- January 26 - March 9
- Saturdays only
- 1:00 - 3:00 pm
- Please contact Suzanne: firstname.lastname@example.org to register
Liberty Elementary School: Grades 3 - 6
- January 8 - February 1
- Tuesdays & Thursdays only
- 3:15 - 4:45 pm
- (You don't have to attend Liberty School to participate in residency)
Murray Senior Recreation Center: Adults/Seniors
- February 25 - April 3
- Mondays & Wednesdays only
- 1:00 - 2:30 pm
1. Bring to the first workshop.
2. Find and bring a potential story (3-7 minutes) to the first workshop. *Don't worry if trouble finding a story, stories can be obtained at first workshop.
3. Learn storytelling skills and share in a workshop setting to polish story.
4. Practice at home!
5. Participate in preliminary judging. 2 finalists per grade chosen for final city wide showcase.