Adult Juried Art Show
Murray City Cultural Arts hosts an annual Adult Juried Art Show during the month of November. Murray residents, 18 & older, are welcomed to submit up to two art entries in the amateur or professional divisions. Entries must have been created within the last two years and have not received a cash award in any other Murray City sponsored competition. Cash awards are given to the first place winners for each category and to the People's Choice Winner. The City may also elect to award purchase prizes. Purchased paintings are accepted into the City's Public Art Collection to help document different artists within the Murray community.
Murray's 2018 Adult Juried Show
NOVEMBER 1 -19, 2018
- Entries Due: October 30th between 4-6 pm. Entries should be brought to the Murray Library lounge area.
- Entries Picked-Up: Entries must be picked up after the reception on November 19 between 8-8:30 pm OR on Tuesday, November 20th between 10-11 am.
- Awards Reception: November 19, 7-8 pm.
- Watercolor, oil & acrylic, graphics (pencil, pastel, pen, & ink), photography (original & digitally enhanced), mixed medium, ceramics, and woodwork.
- Two- dimensional items must be framed and ready to hand (unless it is on canvass).
- Professional Division is defined as someone who has been paid as a formal art instructor or sold their art in a substantial way and reported on income tax filings.
- Judges selected from the art community have sole and final authority in evaluating entries.
2018 Juried Art Show Entry Form and Rules can be found at the Murray Parks & Rec Office or downloaded below.
Questions? Please contact Lori Edmunds: 801-264-2620