Curbside Recycling Information
Residents served by Murray City garbage collection services receive a green recycling container along with the regular black automated garbage container for recyclable materials.
Pick up of the green container will occur every regularly scheduled garbage pick up day. Containers should be placed like the regular containers and out by 7:00 a.m. on your collection day.
Place all recyclable material to be collected within the green automated recycling container. Only those items listed below will be accepted. All non-recyclable refuse must be placed in the black automated containers.
View recycling informational videos.
Much of what you throw away could be recycled. The following items can be deposited in your green recycling container for processing into usable products: Clean paper (newspapers, magazines, junk mail, glossy adds, phone books, paper bags, wrapping paper); plastics (plastics 1 thru 7, including soda pop and water bottles, plastic bottles, milk jugs, cleaning and laundry detergent containers); metals (aluminum, tin and steel cans, disposable aluminum pans, various food cans); cardboard (corrugated cardboard, cardboard eggs cartons, cereal and food boxes, paper towel and toilet paper rolls).
Prevent Identity Theft!Shred anything with your name or confidential information. Rather than dumping loose shredded paper into the green container, put it in a clear garbage bag tied up. It will be easily identified at the processing facility and put in the paper bin for recycling.
- Do your part and make a difference by recycling everything you can that’s recyclable.
- The problem with plastic bags.
- Plastic bag contamination.
- The problem with yard waste.
- Yard waste contamination.
- Except for grocery bags and shredded paper, don’t separate or sort different types of materials in plastic bags. Just put all the recyclables in the recycling container loose. That makes it easier to process.
- Don’t remove labels from plastic containers and metal cans. Also, there is no need to replace the lids on bottles. Just empty containers of all contents, rinse and toss them in the green container.
- Don’t place any items in the container that are stained or soiled with food material, i.e., pizza boxes, dirty aluminum foil, etc. These items contaminate the other clean materials.
- Don’t put plastic grocery bags in the recycling can. Loose plastic grocery bags clog-up the processing machinery.
- These items are not acceptable for recycling: Aerosol cans, plastic bags, car batteries, glass, ceramic, china, clothing, cookers, diapers, food waste, light bulbs, wire hangers, motor oil, paint cans, appliances, styrofoam including egg cartons, soiled paper goods, waxed paper, or construction debris. Wood, grass and yard waste are also unacceptable materials for the green cans (for those schedule one of our green waste trailers).